AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Thursday, August 7, 2008

I GUESS I'M IT??????

Okay....I've been tagged! I guess, I am it! For those of you who don't know what that means, go to Mindy's blog! For those of you who are wondering who "Sister Allred" is from Mindy's blog, now you know! Ask her how she met me! Now that's a story! Anyway, thanks, Mindy, for all of my new friends! (If you're a friend of Mindy leave a comment and become my friend, too!)

Okay to the tag......
The RULES
1. Link the person who tagged you... Mindy
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers.

First of all, I don't know if I have 6 "unspectacular quirks"! But, I'll do my best!

1. OPEN WINDOW BLINDS! If I am to get anything accomplished in my house, I need the window blinds open. So, the first thing I do in the morning when I get up is open the blinds! I need to see the outside world. If I don't do that, I am a depressed, sorry person!

2. ORANGES-When I peel an orange, I have to peel it in one peel! Yes, I can do this and have accomplished this task many times! I can't stand to have a lot of little orange peels in my hand, so one peel it is for me! I don't know where I inherited this trait!)

3. M&M's-I not only sort them by colors before eating, I also try to suck off the outer coating, so I am left with just the chocolate inside. (btw....whatever happened to the light brown ones???)

4. VACUUMING-I always have to vacuum so there are perfect lines when I am done. I vacuum forward and backward, then over a little and repeat until the room is complete.
(They say this is a good thing to do if you don't have time for any other cleaning!)

5. ZITS- I cannot stand to see unpopped whiteheads or blackheads on peoples faces! It is all I can do to not reach over and "pop" them! Just ask my sons! It drives them CRAZY!!!! "Mom, leave me alone!" (I blame that on my oldest sister!...Thanks, Debbie!)

6. BLOWING NOSES-I cannot stand to hear people blow their noses. It absolutely disgusts me! I know they have to do it, but can't they leave the room or something! It just makes me want to gag!

Okay, so, I made it to 6! Now Mindy, I hope you didn't choose me as the one who wouldn't do this, because if you did, YOU'RE WRONG! :)

Now, I tag Lynette, the Sevy's, my sisters (they don't have blogs, but they can e-mail me their answers!) & my world famous, sister-in-law Sande

3 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Rachel, you are hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! In college I did some cleaning for an elderly woman who HATED vacuum lines and so she had a "carpet rake" and would make me rake the carpet after vacuuming, to hide the lines. That is only one of the quirks she passed on that have ruined me for life! :)

Kelly said...

So now I'm curious if Megan is raking her carpet....

Hey Rachel! I found you through Megan. And it's fun to see pictures of your granddaughter - since I never have. Shouldn't you be bringing those to Stake Conference to show them off? :-)

Hmmm. We have some similar traits. Funny! I have to have open blinds. Got it from my mom. I actually have a friend who comes and visits and CLOSES them all after I open them. Drives me NUTS!!! Who wants to live in the dark?

Mindy said...

Hahaa! Fabulous! You are such a trooper! I have to open the blinds too, by the way! :)