AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Saturday, August 2, 2008

Driving across Nevada!

Well, David and I just made a quick trip to Utah to take Michael and Kim a piano. (Yes, I should have got a picture of that in our van!) We had a great time visiting with Michael, Kim and of course Sage! But I have to say the drive from Northern Cali, going across Nevada, to Orem, Utah gets me every time! So, I thought I'd give you a few tidbits on what you can see while crossing the Nevada Wilderness! (Now remember, I grew up there!)
1. Lots of 3 trailer semi's, especially the "SWIFT" and "UPS" trucking companies.
2. Lots of Nevada's state flower.......the sagebrush
3. Few trees!
4. Some young adults randomly playing their drumset on the side of I-80! (Yes, this happened!)
5. A motor home totally burning up....We happened to be the last car they let pass! So sad!
6. An elderly couple dressed in bright yellow and black riding on the bright yellow and black 3 wheeled cycle.
7. An infinity amount of orange cones! (Yes, they still are doing road construction!)
8. There must have be a Nascar race somewhere because we saw many diesels with driver picture on the side!
9. The wonderful "Tree of Life" on the Bonneville Speedway. (Does anyone know why???)
10. Many people wondering, "When will we get there?"
11. Snacks getting eaten by people so they stay awake driving the straight road w/o scenery!
12. Cheaper gas than California by 50+ cents!
and the list can continue!

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Oh, I can totally relate to so many of those things, with all the trips we've made through Nevada... BUT I've never had the pleasure of witnessing #4 or #6. Lucky for you! I'm so happy you're back!

Mindy said...

If the list *can* continue ... it leaves us to wonder: why did it stop? :)