AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Saturday, August 2, 2008

Life is precious

I have been wanting to write this post for a couple of weeks now. It has gotten started, but never posted or finished because the wording just didn't seem right. So, if you are reading this, I finally finished my few thoughts and got it posted! (I hope it is going to make some sense.)
I have been pondering a lot lately on the great value of our mortal life. The true value and importance of our time here on the earth. As I have thought about this it has caused me to look at my normal day and what my priorities are. I have found that there are many moments in my day that I waste on things that really aren't important to my celestial salvation. There are many things that aren't going to help me become the person that I want to be or the person my Heavenly Father knows that I am. It is time to change that because I know that life is precious. We don't know how long our stay on earth will be, it may be short or it may be long, but either way we need to make each day matter. We need to let those who are in our lives know how important they are to us. I know that our time here on earth is our time of probation to see what we truly value in our lives. I know that each day that we have on earth is a gift. What we choose to do with that gift is our way of saying "Thank You" to our loving Heavenly Father for the precious gift of life. I know that I need to prioritize my choices, to be choices that will bring me back to the Savior. Life truly is a precious gift and the people that I have in mine are so precious to me! I hope that I do better in making each day a memorable day!

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Rachel, this is so beautifully written and expresses so much of what I have felt recently, too. I feel so blessed to know you!

Allred Fam said...

hello fellow blogger and Allred- this is such a truthful and insightful entry... I love the quote box! Megan told me a little about you- so nice to meet you- through your blog, that is! :) Beth