DECEMBER:
Lights! Lights! Lights!
This year when we went to Fernley, Nevada for Sister's Weekend, my dad gave to us and also his grandchildren most of the Christmas lights that he had stored up in his attic.....and he had a lot of them. (We could've opened up a store with the 75 plus apple boxes full of brand new and used lights!....Yes, there were a lot!) He gave them to us because he isn't able to put lights up as he has in past years. So, my goal was to put up lots of lights in my house and yard in honor of my Dad, who has always been the Christmas Light master! His 1 acre yard was amazing at Christmas time with all of the lights. My little parcel was just a scratch, but it was the thought and love of doing it that counts, right?
So....enjoy the lights!

When I took them down, I decided to count the strands. There were around 25 strands in the front yard (100 light strands=2500 lights!), and about the same in the back. There were also the lights that lined the peaks on the roof, the chimney, etc., the nativity, the candy canes, and the reindeer. Plus, I also didn't count the icicle lights that were on the fence and the eves of the house. (Did I mention that I also doubled the icicle lights by having both strands of white and blue? Yes.....I'm surprised I didn't blow a breaker!) So, I can honestly say I'm going to have an incredible utility bill next month. Since there were probably more than 20,000 lights in my yard! But, it was worth it! My dad was proud to know that "his lights" were represented in at least 4 states-California, Utah, Oregon and Nevada!
David Archuletta Concert!

Christmas at home!


THEN A TRIP TO UTAH!
Hazel opening a present!
Dallin playing with his "4 wheeler" from Uncle Steven.
Sage showing off her "Princess poster" from Uncle Steven.

Kim enjoying the "bouncing slide" place with the grandbabies!

Grandma enjoys it, too! Hazel wasn't too sure about it!
(It was great fun! Plus we were the only ones there!)
Michael enjoying "Nickelcade" with the kiddos on Dallins birthday!
Hazel loves playing with tissue paper and balloons!
Dallin turns 3!

Sage builds a cake with her special play dough!
Aren't these kids just the cutest?
They put a smile on our faces!


1 comment:
Shut-up! Someone got the blogging bug! Which is way better than the flu bug, I hear. Congrats! ;) I love the lights!!
Post a Comment