What do you get when you have 7 watermelons, 12 canteloupe, 240 Hamburger buns, 120 hot dog bun, 60 deli rolls, 60 muffins, lug of tomatoes, 7 frisbees, 2 whiffle ball bats & balls, ropes, a cot, 2 chairs, a shower shelter, 80 juice boxes, 4 gallons of apple juice, 20 packages of cookies, 4 batches of rice krispie treats, 6 batches of brownies, tent, 2 sleeping bags, 2 duffle bags of clothes, cot, misc. kitchen supplies, bananas, grapes, condiments & salad dressing, 60 notepads, 60 pens, bulletin board, a CPR mannequin, an AED kit, a HUGE first aid kit, 60 printed t-shirts, 3 boxes of pancake mix, 2 boxes of drink mix, 3-8 foot long tables, 6 PACKED icechests (hamburgers, hotdogs, deli meats & cheeses, 6 cans of whip cream, icecream, lettuce, sloppy joe mix for 100, taco meat, 8 gallons of frozen milk, 4 gallons not frozen milk!, cherry tomatoes, etc.), etc., etc., etc.? (Oh, yea, and fishing supplies! Hopefully to be used this time!) Anyway, did you guess? Yep, it's a LOADED Aerostar van that left my garage this morning at 5:00 a.m. to go off to the Stake Boy Scout Camp that Scott is in charge of. (I'll show pictures in a week, as the camera went too! I'm hoping the kitchen sink is still here.....although, if it's not, no dishes for me!! :-)
I've always known that my husband is incredible at packing a vehicle for trips. I have seen it many times as we have travel on vacation. But what I saw happen last night was simply AMAZING! I would have bet money that there was no way that he could get all of the stuff that was taking over our house into our van. There was a lot of stuff! The missionaries stopped by last night and saw my living room, hallway, and kitchen lined up with boxes, icechests, etc., and when I told them it was all going in our van they said, "Brother Allred is going to be playing Ultimate Tetris"! And, I have to say, that my husband did an amazing job at conquering the game! Now I just have to hope that he doesn't get a flat tire between home and Lassen Natl Park! That could be an added stress..............Good thing he started the journey with PRAYER!!!!
Anyway, "Way to go, Scott! I hope you have a great week! And please bring home empty icechests!"
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment