AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY


HAPPY 4th OF JULY!
I have always loved the 4th of July! It is not just the BBQ's, or the fireworks, but the joy of having the blessing of living in this free country. I gained this love, as a child. I would watch my dad as I grew up, and the joy he found on the 4th of July. My dad is very patriotic. He would wear his Red, White and Blue tie on the 4th of July as we would go "downtown" in the small town in Nevada where I grew up. We would watch the parade and enjoy the small town atmosphere. We would then go to the "out of town" park for the BBQ, games, etc. and spend the day there until it was time for the fireworks and dance. It was a fun day celebrating the birth of our country. As I grew older, I became part of the parade. I was either playing my trumpet in the High School Marching Band, twirling my baton as a majorette, or leading the band as the lead majorette. So many memories, but the most important is loving the freedoms that I learned to enjoy from my dad. He passed this trait to me, as well as my 3 sisters. (Yes, my dad did not have any sons, just 4 daughters!)

So today, I again honor those that came to this "new land" and forged the way so that I could live in the United States of America. I honor those who fought so I could have the freedoms that I enjoy so much. I truly am grateful to be living in the greatest country in the world!

Another thing I love about the 4th of July is the patriotic music.....

Here are a few of my favorites!

Mormon Tabernacle Choir-"Battle Hymn"

Diamond Rio - "In God We Still Trust"

Lee Greenwood-"God Bless the USA

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL OF YOU!

No comments: