AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Thursday, April 15, 2010

How many months has it been? Who would've thought...

Well, once again, I have been away from the blog....I do read others blogs and think, "I'll get around to updating my blog some day!" Well, that day has come! Scott and Steven are gone for a couple of days and I have time to catch up on some things. This blog is one of the top priorities!
So, obviously, you'll get a brief of what we've been up to! Okay...So, what happened around our house in January? Birthdays! Yep, Scott and I both had our birthdays. On Scott's, we spent the day at the Oakland Temple with the youth from the ward participating in baptisms. What a great way to spend a birthday! Afterwards, Scott and I went to dinner at Olive Garden. It is one of his favorite places to eat and it was delicious! The next week was my birthday! It was on Sunday! I was spoiled rotten by so many wonderful people. I found a plant at my doorstep, birthday cookies and cakes dropped off, cards in the mail, pictures drawn for me, flowers given to me, etc. I was shown so much love and it really was a great surprise! THANK YOU! I also started teaching the Valiants in primary on my birthday! I have a class that consists of 4 girls with an abundance of energy! Lots of fun! I do have to say that I miss leading the music, but it was time for a change! I've been doing that for a long time and I've enjoyed it, but it is nice to be back in the classroom. I have missed it!
FEBRUARY- Well, during this month, I made a jaunt over to Concord one Saturday for a baby shower for our niece, Ashley! (Interesting side note.....their baby, James Taylor Christensen, was born today at 12:30 p.m. Utah time. 8 lbs. 9 oz!) It was fun to see my sister, Cheryl, and my niece, Kaitlyn, too. The next weekend, I made a quick trip to Utah with Cheryl, and some of her family. It was a last minute decision and they had room for me in their car! So, away I went since I was out of school! So much fun, yet so quick! But, I loved seeing the grandbabies!
We had lots of fun in the short time I was there!
We made necklaces together:
Sage helped her mom make "Balentine Cookies":
Sage made me a bracelet and ring out of her stickers:
Dallin showed all of his new teeth:
And his recently acquired "walking skills"!
We also had "Movie Night"with popcorn, so Michael and Kim could go out for Valentine's and Grandma got to watch the kids!

I was also surprised by Valentine gifts from Scott! I received a CD of Plain White Tees' singing-"1-2-3-4" (I really love that song!) Plus, I got flowers, and See's Caramels! (My all time favorite See's candy! YUM!) Thanks, Scott!

I had a great time in Utah! It was a lot of fun! The time definately flew by and then back for a drive back home so I could get back to work!
Another exciting part of February is our Boy Scout Troops annual Cake Auction.
Once again it was a wonderful success! (Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures until it was almost over, so here are just a few of the items that went for auction!



MARCH......
Our sweet little Sage turned 3! We can't believe that she is 3 already!
She has such a special place in our hearts! She is the one who made us grandparents!
Scott and I just love it! We can't get enough of her, or her little brother!
What a blessing grandchildren are! I'm sure that I am a much better grandparent, than I was a parent! I've learned a lot through experience! One important thing is, house can wait, but children can't! They grow up way too fast, so cherish each moment!
For Sage's birthday, she had a fun party with Kim's sisters.
Her mommy planned a "Princess" Birthday for her and she had a great time!
Kim also made her a wonderful princess birthday cake!
(It was her first decorated cake! I think she did GREAT!)
Although, we were bummed we weren't there to help her celebrate, we're so glad she had a great birthday!
Okay....I'm signing off for now.....more March 2010 and then April to come soon!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Shut-up. You updated.

Shut-up. I cannot believe she is three either!

Shut-up. You better update March and April soon. :)

Shut-up sounds really, really rude. Hahaha, notice how I am not changing it. :)

P.s. I love OG too!

Dean and Sheri said...

LOVED reading your family update! See's caramels and grandchildren are pretty much my favorite things too. Next time y'all are in Utah and not too busy...CALL and we'll go out for dinner or lunch or...something and have a good visit.
Love, Sheri

Marilyn said...

I love the pictures and story about your visit to see the grandchildren. Rachel you are so talented doing things with Sage, making jewelry and just having fun. Love Grandma Marilyn and Grandpa Kay