AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tulips! Tulips! Tulips!

I have always loved tulips, but have never had great luck with them, so last year I decided to try again. I bought the bulbs. I then read online how I should plant them and what I should add to them to help them grow. I bought my supplies and planted away. To my surprise, they came up and were beautiful! I felt my dutch heritage was in full bloom in my backyard!

My only fear.....my little hole digger or should I say, my garden enemy, the gopher!
They like to eat tulip bulbs! Hopefully, I will still have them after he finishes going through the garden this summer! He better beware! Anyone have any tips for me on that????

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ohhhh, I adore perdy flowers! They look fantastic, woman! P.s. Apparently a guy in my ward is on the track team and runs the 800. I said, "Ah, you know James Allred then."

"Yes! And I want to beat him!" he said. Haha! Apparently the top three 800 runners in the entire WAC conference just happen to be the top three runners at USU. :) Stiff comepetition there for your boy, and he seems to be doing just.fine! :)