I just love those little bundles of joy, and I love seeing them grow! I also love seeing our son being a dad. It all brings such joy to my life! It's all about Families!
As for being a "Grandma", I've always loved children. I've always loved my children. But,I can definately say, that I really should have been a grandparent first, and then I would've been a much better parent. As a grandparent, I've realized that there are so many things that can wait. But children growing up, can't! You have to enjoy every minute! I've also learned that everything doesn't have to be perfect. You just have to take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way. I tried to do a lot with my own children. I played a lot with them, and yes, they were my priority, but I can't say that I took every opportunity to just have fun and spend time with them. I tried, but as a a grandparent, I can see that there were also missed opportunities. And before I knew it, my boys were all grown up!
So, my goal as a grandma is to not miss out on those chances of fun and learning.....I'm hoping to be the best grandma there is! I'm looking forward to so many opportunities with our grandchildren. I just wished they lived closer so I could play every day!
I dis take advantage of the opportunity that I had to go on this trip to meet our new little "Hazel"! I had such a great time! I was able to read, cook, play games, play outside, draw with chalk, go for walks, sing, and play some more.
P.S. I don't think I've ever say "Little Bunny Foo Foo" so many times in my life! But, Sage and Dallin loved singing it and doing the actions every night before bed! Great memories were made.....oh, and I also can't forget, singing, "I'm a Little Teapot" with it's actions, and also, "There was an old Lady who swallowed a Fly"! Fun! Fun! Fun! Wouldn't trade it for anything!


2 comments:
OH! She is beautiful! And I LOOOVE her name! So pretty! Congrats, Grandma!
Congratulations! Yes, I agree 100% with your comments, I had seven little ones when they were all pretty young at the same time, so the house got too much attention from me for too many years... now I'm trying to let my daughter know it's okay to have a cluttered house (she has four children, ages 5 and under).
My brother and his wife just had a baby girl this morning, so it looks like the Allred Clan is growing by leaps and bounds! (I have two lines of Allreds in my family, my great-grandmother was Elizabeth Ann Allred, daughter of Andrew Jackson Allred, who was son to James; another line to James' brother, Isaac).
Heaven keeps sending down these precious angels, we are grateful to receive them~
Congratulations again!
Post a Comment