AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Sunday, December 5, 2010

A trip to Denver!

There is so much to tell! As the song, "Improve the Shining Moments" says, "Time flies on wings of lightning; We cannot call it back!" I'm amazed how quickly it flies......in one week we'll be picking up our Missionary from the Washington Spokane Mission!.....Yes....I'll write about it after we get him and Disneyland with the family, too! :)

Okay....so what have we been blessed with to do???? We made a trip to Denver, Colorado! It was a lot of fun! We went to Justin and Mallories Colwell's temple wedding! A fun trip we had! We went to the capital and stood on the step that said, "One mile High"! Yep, I guess we were exactly a mile above sea level. So important that they engraved it into their capital steps!

We also spent time "playing around", obviously! lol We even ate at the "City Grille". It features the "Best Hamburger in Denver"! I have to admit it was really good and the fries were the best I've EVER tasted! And...I am a french fry connoisseur you know! lol
Even the squirrel wanted to have fun with us! Check out that pose! :)
I have to say there is a lot to do in Denver...unfortunately, I didn't always have my camera!
Also, we enjoyed our trip except for the fire alarm going off in our hotel and having to be evacuated until firemen could come and make sure all was clear. There wasn't even any smoke and the hotel personel just kept doing what they were doing inside the hotel! It did add some adventure into our travels! lol Also we didn't like the freeway "toll roads". If you're ever in Denver, make sure you avoid them! It adds up quickly and you have to pay to get off of them, too! Nice roads, but expensive and there are plenty of other ways to get around Denver!
The best part of the trip was having some time alone again with my best friend! Yep, I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend!

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

You posted!! I love the photos from your trip to Denver - you guys are too cute! I was just reading back in my blog from two years ago and was reminded of our day making chocolates and other treats together... it brought back so many nice memories! I did get some of those recipes from you, didn't I? I'll have to find them and make them this year. Yum!

Leslie said...

thank you for what you wrote on my blog. i appreciated it.

when i scrolled down and saw your last posting about 30 years of marriage... i am not going to lie to you... it choked me up and made me so jealous. you are so blessed to have received that many years with your husband... and it looks and sounds like you know you are blessed. so that is great.

congrats on 30 years... hopefully 40 or 50 more... then onto eternity.