AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Sunday, September 26, 2010

30 years and so many more waiting!

On August 9th, 1980, I married my best friend in the Oakland Temple! Little did I know then, just how much I'd truly love this man! I thought I loved him as much as I ever could that day. Boy, was I a naive 19 year old! My love grows deeper every day! I see him for who he is and what he helps me become. So grateful that we are eternal sealed together! It's been a great 30 years! Have they all been wonderful bliss? No. But they all have been worth every effort that we make to make our eternal marriage work. And each year, my love truly continues to grow! Truly amazing to me!

So....in 1980.....we went to Lake Tahoe for our honeymoon. We'd been married for approximately 30 hours, when we decided to go and rent mopeds! This was a bad idea because in the first 30 minutes of riding said moped, I went around a corner on some gravel and CRASHED!!! So....after a lot of stress on Scott's behalf, me going in and out of shock, and a call for an ambulance, I ended up in the emergency room! Many hours later, I woke to having a part of my head shaved, so they could put stitches in my head. I also had scrapes and cuts all over me. Worse yet, the hospital hadn't let Scott know anything of what was going on and he spent those hours wondering if I was going to live or die, and how he was going to tell my dad! Fortunately, I, obviously, survived! But, I spent the rest of the week passing out because of a head injury and not feeling too good. Yes, a honeymoon to never forget!

So, what do we do 30 years later, the week of August 9th, 2010??????? We decide that 2 wheels are not enough and go for 4! A trip of quad riding in the area of Manti, Utah! I have to say that it was so much fun! It was an anniversary that I'll never forget! Beside riding the quads, we went to the Manti Temple on 3 different days and participated in sessions. What a great and beautiful experience that was! Loved it so much! We also camped for a couple of days and I also participated in real golf...1st time ever! (Yes, miniature golf is more my style! But, Scott wanted to do it, and we had a lot of fun!) We also visited the grandbabies and helped paint Michael and Kim's basement, so it was ready for their renters who were getting ready to move in.


It was a great week! And of course........one of the best parts of the week.....no trip to the ER! :)







5 comments:

Mindy said...

COngratulations!!! P.s. I have never heard your honeymoon story before!! WE can laugh at it now that it was 30 years ago, right? :)

Amy and Jeff said...

Happy Anniversary Auntie Rach and Uncle Scott! Looks like a great trip.

Marc and Megan said...

I love the photo of your wedding day!! And I love the way you decided to celebrate 30 years together! You guys are so perfect for each other. :)

The Sevy's said...

That is awesome, congrats on the anniversary!! BTW- I worked on that golf course in college. (Good memories)
Adam

The Sevy's said...

Happy Anniversary! Hey we are working on Christmas Cards, could we get your address?

-adam