I have been blessed in my life to have 3 older sisters! (Yep, I'm the baby of the family and yes, I'm spoiled rotten!! :) ) As you know, my mother passed away when I was 9 years old. As sisters, we created a very special bond. We look out for each other and noone messes with any of us, because if you do, you mess with all of us! lol As we were growing up, I can honestly say we weren't always the best of friends, but fortunately as adults, we truly are. We love the time that we can do things together. In fact, when we are together, we usually drive everyone else around us nuts because we get a little crazy! Because of this several years ago, as sisters we decided that every so often we would do a "Sisters Weekend". This meant we would take time to be with just each other....no husbands, no kids, no grandkids=no responsibility! This year we decided it was the year to get together again. We started planning early. It was amazing how busy everyone's schedule was between the 4 of us. We all submitted our calendars with our plans for the year and we were able to find a weekend in November that we were all available....no marriages, no kids coming to visit, no Girl's Camp, no Scouting events, no babies being born, no Family reunions, no camping trips, etc., etc., etc. We also decided that we would go to Portland, Oregon where my sister, Linda, lives and while there we would also go to "Time Out for Women". All I can say is that we had a wonderful weekend!
"Me & My Sisters" 49 years ago (above) and today (below)!They did allow me to not have my fingers in my mouth!

When we act like this, our husbands are glad to not be around!
I truly am blessed to have AMAZING sisters to look up to! They have been such a strength to me! They were my examples growing up and they still are today! I love them so much!
Thanks Debbie, Cheryl & Linda! Can't wait for the next "Sisters Weekend"!





1 comment:
Oh how I envy you!How wonderful to have such a fun and loving sisterhood.
Post a Comment