AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Friday, September 11, 2009

So much to tell.....but not enough time to tell it!

So...Summer ended! School Started! How did it happen so quickly?
Fortunately, we had a great summer filled with lots of things.

So...here's a quick list that finished our summer, with brief detail!
(Sorry, but I've got to get this blog caught up!)

In July, Rachel made a quick trip to Nevada for her dad's 81st birthday!
It was fun to surprise him by just showing up! He had his annual birthday party in his backyard with icecream and cake served to all the guests. A lot of work he goes into preparing for his own birthday party! I am always amazed at what he is able to do! I hope that when I'm 81, I'll be able to do 1/2 of what he accomplishes.

It was also nice to go and visit with him the next day. I was able to visit with him and help him get his yard back in order. I love precious moments like that with my dad! He is an incredible man! I also was able to take him to lunch, although, when the bill came he wouldn't let me pay for it! :(

A couple of weeks later, I made my last summer trip to Utah! I just had to see the grandbabies one more time before school started! It was the best trip ever! I took a dear friend with me and we had the best time driving across Nevada, and back, too! We talked the whole way about everything and anything! It was so much fun! The time flew by quickly as we drove and drove and drove! (Thanks, Megan, for going with me!)

While in Utah, I had a lot of fun visiting Michael's family. That time flew by, too!
I had dates with Sage where we went to the pet store, the park and then of course, she fixed my hair! Yes, you'd be surprised at how many barrettes you can get into my hair! So much fun! We also spent one day at the Scera Swimming Pool in Orem. What a fun place! We also went to a place called "Jump On It"! Sage loved it! It is filled with trampolines and bouncey things! What a great place for kids! And 3 and under are free! You can't beat that!

I have to say, it was sad to leave Utah when it was time to go! Fortunately, I had my buddy to drive with me back to Cali! We also made a quick stop in Nevada and visited with my dad. He is always good for a fun joke and he was able to show Megan his beautiful yard! We were even blessed with the gift of walking sticks that he made! (Thanks, Dad! We love them! Now, we just need to go hiking!)

After coming back from Nevada, Scott and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary on August 9th! We keep it very low key by just going to dinner, but it is always great to know that after all these years, we wouldn't change a thing and eternity is going to be so great!
(I'll obviously have to insert a picture here later! :)

The next weekend, we made a quick trip to Oregon to see my sister Linda's son Cory. He returned with honor from a mission to the Czech Republic. He gave a great talk in church! Awesome young man! We also got to see her other son, Jacob, receive his Eagle Scout award. He is the 11th of 11 grandsons of my dad's who received their Eagle! During the evening Jacob presented "Grandpa Kay" with the "mentor" pin and also a picture frame with pictures of all the 11 grandsons and their Eagle badges. It was a great moment! Plus, it was pretty exciting, considering my dad only had daughters! lol Also of note is that all 5 of his granddaughters received their Young Women Medallions! We are so proud of them!

No comments: