WE WENT TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!
On December 19th, we headed off with Steven and David to Disneyland! Michael, Kim and family were going to meet us there. I was so excited to finally have all of our family together for the first time in 2 years! Plus, David would be able to finally meet Dallin! (He was born on Dec. 29th, 2008, the day David left the MTC to travel to Spokane!) Itwas another wet, windy trip, but we still had a lot of fun!
What an adventure! It's a good thing it is the "Happiest Place on Earth", because I'm sure that is why everyone stayed happy and had a great time, in spite of being wet!


Yes, it really was that wet!
We found the way to handle "Disneyland in the Rain"!
TIPS:
Pay for ART (Anaheim Rapid Transit.....it runs every 20 min. to Disneyland!)
Get up and go to Disneyland until the afternoon.
Catch bus and go back to your hotel.
Feed everyone lunch.
Put Jackets/clothes in dryer, so they get dry!
Take a nap!
Catch bus again and go back in the evening.
Ride until your sopping wet, again!
(Have a backpack with lots of snacks available for grandbabies while waiting in lines.)
Go back to hotel.
Put jackets in dryer and shoes on heater, so ready for the next day!
OTHER TIPS:
Don't worry about your hair in the rain, just put it in a pony tail and wear a hat!
If shoes don't get completely dry, wear plastic bags over your socks!
If there is no raingear anywhere to buy.....use garbage bags for your grandkids to help keep them dry! (It works wonders....check out the family picture!)


3 comments:
Wow. Perfect system. I have only been to Disneyland once (out of the 20+ times I have gone) where it was raining. I loved how the intercome would say, "Even when it is raining, Disneyland is STILL the happiest place on earth." And I think it is true. However, it is still happier when dry (probably because I didn't know your system!). :)
I feel like I am jealous, but keep telling myself I shouldn't be because I was there just a week before you. Haha :)
Oh how fun! I love your enthusiasm despite the rain. And thanks for the tips. We may go in the next year of two, but I sure hope it doesn't rain!
Rachel and family I just found your Christmas post and it looks like you all had a wonderful time. Kay loves to see it too. Rain Rain go away. But all had fun any way having your family all together. Love is Eternal Grandma Marilyn and Grandpa Kay
Post a Comment