AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Friday, April 24, 2009

PONDERING...

This past month has been of much pondering, reflection and perspective as I had different times to just be alone. (Scott was away to Idaho and Montana on a fishing trip with his brother. btw...He had a great time during "Big Fish Week"....arms were sore from those BIG fish. (He even was spotlighted in a local published article for being a Californian who had a great time fishing in Idaho!) Scott has also had lots of meetings for his Stake Young Men's calling. Therefore, our house has been really quiet and I have had time for life reflection!


Because of Scott's profession, I thought a lot about the 4 Police Officers that were killed in Oakland, CA by a parolee. I have especially thought about their families and their department. (What started as a routine traffic stop ended with 4 officers dead and the parolee, too, as well as officers injured.) Through all the time Scott has been an police officer, I have often had people ask me, "How do you handle Scott being a cop?" I have always answered that I have to rely on my faith in the Savior, that he will be protected. I have truly felt that way, and still do. But, with the situation in Oakland, and then the situation in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania of other officers being killed, it has made me think more about it because you never know when someone is going to decide to take an officer down. We definately live in a strange world!

During this past month I have also been thinking of how life can change so quickly! Things might be going great, but challenges and trials come upon us. My brother-in-law, a man looking in great health and feeling good, went in for a check-up a couple of weeks ago, only to get admitted into the hospital and had open heart, triple bypass surgery 2 days later. This is a man who was out walking his dog 3+ miles a day. No indication that the stents that had been put in 10 years earlier were having any problem. Thankfully, the Lord was watching out for him and his family. He is doing incredibly well!

As I have thought of these things, I am truly grateful for the gospel in my life! I'm grateful to konw that I have a Savior that watches over me and my family. I know that life comes with trials. But I also know that with the Savior, nothing is impossible to get through! We chose to come down to earth, knowing it wouldn't be easy. But, we also knew that we could do it!
What a blessing the gospel and the knowledge of the Savior is to me!

No comments: