AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our missionary!

"ALL MY BAGS ARE PACKED, I'M READY TO GO!" We made a quick trip to Utah and to the MTC to drop off "Elder Allred"!
It was great to have our whole family together for a few days. We even were able to do a temple session in the Provo Temple with our family. (We missed Kim, as she needed to stay home with Sage, but the rest of us were there.) It was so great to be in the temple with Scott and our three boys. What a special occasion for us. We also went to Thanksgiving Point to check out the light display and to see the reindeer. It was a lot of fun, but very cold! Another highlight, of course, was "Kneaders-All you can eat French Toast"! It is the best french toast there is!
As for Elder David Allred, he did great at the MTC and was one of the first ones out the door when it was time to separate from the family! I am so proud of him and the choice that he has made to be a servant of the Lord 24/7! I love that he is wearing the name of the Savior on his chest and better yet, his heart. If each of us were like that, our lives would be so much better! I'm truly going to miss him, but I am extremely grateful that I can say that I am his mom! He is such a wonderful young man! Go FORTH AND SERVE, ELDER ALLRED! The people in the Washington Spokane Mission are lucky to have you!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I know you've done this before and are essentially a pro, but how are YOU doing? :)

Allred Mom said...

I'm hanging in there! I don't think I will ever be a pro at this!
A bitter/sweet experience every time! btw..thanks for asking!
Do I get golden stars for enduring this? lol

Tom Grover said...

It makes me happy that the MTC has continued the tradition of the "dork dot". I still have mine. :-)

Tom Grover said...

PS-

I just went out to the mail and got your Christmas card! Thanks for thinking of us! :-)

The Sevy's said...

Good luck Elder Allred. Im jealous. And good luck Sister Allred. ha
Adam

Cody and Jen said...

Yay!!! He will do great. I don't think it gets easier. I had to do it three times with my brothers too. I was a wreck everytime one of them left. I love all your pictures and that french toast looks soooo good. Hope you have a very merry Christmas!!!