AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What I learned from 2 weeks with a sweet 18 month old!

I have now returned home and am in total withdrawals from missing our sweet grandbaby, Sage! I had so much fun with her and I learned so much! "What I learned from 2 weeks with Sage"

1. You should start and end the day looking at Jesus.

2. You should kiss Jesus Good Night, every night.

3. You should have someone rub your feet, especially your toes.

4. Sometimes you just need someone to hold you.

5. You Should walk every day.

6. While walking, you should find special rocks to carry.

7. It is good to notice the small things.....the bugs, the little flowers, etc.

8. Sitting on the step blowing bubbles is a lot of fun.

9. Drawing with chalk on the sidewalk is relaxing.

10. Hugs are important!

11. If you don't like what you're eating, tastes someone elses. It always tastes better, even if its the same as what you have.

12. If you're having a rough day, a warm bath will help you feel a lot better.
13. Looking out the window waiting for your "dada" to come home, brings joy.

14. If you want attention, do something you shouldn't be doing!

15. Swinging is relaxing and can cause a lot of giggles.

16. You may not be able to fit in dad's shoes, but you can try and come really close.

17. It's good and fun, to clean up after yourself.

18. Take Time to read every day.

19. When you can brush your teeth fast, why have an electric toothbrush!

20. Housework is always there, but babies aren't!
Sage, "maama" Loves you and misses you terribly!

5 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Rachel, I love your list! And, I LOVE the photos you've included... I can't wait to see all the other memories you captured of your trip! I'm so glad you're back! :)

Marc and Megan said...

btw, I totally love the new blog look... NICE JOB! :)

Amy said...

She's so cute!
And get this, when I met Megan and Marc last week we figured out that my husband and your son served their missons together at the same time in Ogden. Crazy, huh?

Lindsay said...

I enjoyed reading all the things you learned with Sage. She is a cutie!!!

Kelly said...

You had fun...I can tell! I love the photos. What a darling little girl!!!!