AN ETERNAL ALLRED HOME

There's no place like home!





Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I am still alive!!!


For those of you who may have wondered what happened to me.......well, I am alive! I have been very busy in life, not only with my family and church responsibilities but also being our towns zip code coordinator for "Yes on Prop 8". (The proposition on the California ballot that says that "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid and recognized in California".) You may wonder what a "zip code coordinator" does. Well, we get the names of all the registered voters in our town and try to contact as many of them as possible to let them know about Prop 8. It has been an interesting process getting people to volunteer on this important moral amendment that will affect everyone if it doesn't pass here. Fortunately, I have had the support of my mother-in-law and she has been a strong advocate as well as many others. Scott and I also visited with leaders of different churches to see where they stand. Many are seeing the moral value of this proposition and are on board with it. It has been an interesting experience and one that I know that I am supposed to be doing. Up until now, if anyone would have ever asked me if I would ever do something like this, I would have said, "no". But, I am so glad to be involved in standing up for the rights of my family, my children and the institution of marriage! And....I'm happy to say that most of my town has been informed about Prop 8! If any of you that are reading this are interested in more information go to http://www.protectmarriage.com/

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so proud of you, Rachel! That is a hard job. I finished making my pages and pages of phone calls (hating every time I dialed a new number) yesterday and I am SO glad to be done with that!